Monday, August 22, 2011

Week 4 Sunday work my butt of day.

Today I thought it would be a good idea to go for a bike ride at Lake Hefner.Cuppy had tentatively agreed to meet to ride, but she wasn't sure she'd be up for it since she had gone wake boarding the day before. So as I was leaving the house, late I had planned on being there by 9am but didn't leave the house until nearly 9 so got there around 930 I think, I got a text from Cuppy saying she was to sore to ride so I told her I'd text her when I was done and see if she was up for a walk. It was a good day to ride. Warm but the temps were nothing compared to what they had been.
It was a bit muggy and over cloudy but I very much enjoyed my bike ride, even though it felt like I had a headwind the entire ride.

There were some moments when I thought "WHY DID I THINK THIS WOULD BE FUN!", but then most of the time I just enjoyed pedaling and seeing all the people that were out walking, jogging, riding, and just enjoying the lake in general. And it really is pretty on the lake and the trails (even though the water was low).


So I ended up riding 10.76 miles. I should have just finished out the 11th mile. I'm not sure why I didn't. It only took me an hour and 3 minutes to do the ride. I'm pretty happy with myself. After I got done with the ride I texted Cuppy to see if she was up for a walk. And she said she was so I headed over to her house. I got there and she made me a soy protein shake while I changed out of my riding clothes into my walking clothes. (I do not recommend walking a long distance in padded bike shorts. They'll rub you raw in the wrong places) We chit chatted with Kevin for a little while before he went back to bed and Cuppy and I headed out for our walk. It was a bit hotter and muggier than when I was riding.
We walked her neighborhood, up and down the streets. Laughing and giggling at each others silliness.
We wore our camelbaks so we didn't have to carry a water bottle and I think they hold more than our bottles too. I'm so very glad we have them. We should have had them on that 14 mile bike ride we did last week when we ran out of water. We are stupid sometimes, but you live and learn. We walked through her neighborhood to a park not far and walked the path through it. It was pretty walking through the trees.
We walked 4.4 miles in an hour 11 minutes. We even jogged some. Total jogging distance was .5 mile I think. At that point it was just getting to hot and muggy to jog much, but we tried. After we were done I realized I had blisters on my heels.

They weren't bad, but it told me that my shoes were wearing out. The blisters plus the fact that the shoes were causing my ankles to turn out drastically told me it was time to get some new shoes. I was going to go to the shoe store after I showered but turns out they aren't open on Sunday's and my hubby said I couldn't just go to academy and get some that I thought looked pretty. He said I had to go make sure I get the right ones for my feet. So I'll have to wait and go on Monday.
All in all a great day!




No comments:

Post a Comment