Monday, August 8, 2011

Week 2: Monday

Well Lexi was really ready to go this morning. As soon as she saw me in my walking clothes and getting out my shoes she got excited.
She was so excited while I was trying to put my shoes on she was jumping around and standing up on her hind legs and whining. I was so funny. But I managed to drink my breakfast and get my shoes on then get her into her harness. Then she ran to the front door to wait for me to get everything else together so we could leave.
She does this every time we put the harness and leash on her. She is so very eager to go for walks. I think I need to start taking her more than a couple times a week. Last year she got walked just about every day.
So on the way to the park she whined eagerly and kept nudging my arm. She so wanted out and to see her other momma and her Sparkles.
We got to the park and got out and saw Cuppy and Sparkle running down the trail back to where we park at. While I stretched and waited on them to come over Lexi heard Cuppy takling to Sparkle and about pulled me over lol, She loves her other mummy and her Sparkle. I just llove how they get along and walk so well with each other, even if sometimes they push each other off the path. (I think they do it with love hehe)
Kisses

Playing while we took pictures
It was a beautiful morning to get out and walk with a great friend and our fur babies. We managed to get in 4 miles, even though our puppies barely finished I think.

Saying bye to mummy

Sparkle and Lexi saying bye
Sparkle and Lexi didn't seem to want to part. But Sparkle didn't want to walk anymore and since Cuppy and Sparkle had already done half a mile Lexi and I decided to walk a bit more to make sure we got the full 4 miles. We started down the path but then decided to wander through the field instead.

On the way home Lexi drank a bowl of water and sat in the back of the van nudging my arm again. She is such an attention whore. LOL She might have been about to walk another mile but as much as she had slowed down I didnt want to push it. When we got home she jumped out of the van and walked to the front door and waited for me to let her in.

Then she stood inside the door waiting for me to take the harness of her before she went and drank more water before laying down for a nap.
It was a great start to the day, not that I have much of anything to do today besides babysitting Penny (but Savvy and Carrie are in with her now, she's watching them play Zelda and making noises)
She is such a cute baby and will be a great end to the afternoon. I am looking forward to taking Lexi for a walk in the morning now. But I think it may be just me and Lexi tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment