Sunday, August 28, 2011

Week 4: 5k Saturday!!!

Beautiful sunrise

Today was the Moore War Run 5k! It was a blast! My bestie Cuppy and my friend Kevin (her boyfriend) did it with me. My daughters Savvy and Carrie did it as well. The morning started off great. I woke up on time and got Savvy up. We got up, dressed and had breakfast. Then waited on Cuppy and Kevin and Carrie to arrive. Cuppy and Kevin got here first, but since they still had to get their packets they walked over to the high school while we waited for Carrie to arrive. After she got here and we all had our water we walked over to the high school. Walking over was .37 miles. Then we stood around waiting on the run to start just chatting and stretching.
Carrie and Savvy always giving me funny looks

Cuppy hydrating before the run

Kevin being spacey

Cuppy getting a good stretch

Savvy didn't know I was taking their pic, but Carrie did

Opps Savvy caught me. Love these girls!
They blocked off the street from traffic so that it would be safe for us and then had us all move out into the street. And we stood around waiting some more.
Savvy and Carrie waiting to start

Cuppy and Kevin (cute couple) waiting to start running

Me and Cuppy

Me and Cuppy waiting to start
They had us move forward so that the people in front were at the start line, we were near the back. Then we were off. We started off walking and people were passing us left and right. I looked at Cuppy and said I don't wanna be last! Then we looked behind us and realized we pretty much were because everyone else was running. LOL So we took off at a jog/run. Savvy and Carrie had started off skipping and had left us behind for a bit. But we ended up passing them as we rogged (run/jogged). We would rog until one of us had to stop to breath. Since Kevin and I both have asthma, his is much worse than mine, we didn't wanna push to hard but we still wanted to challenge ourselves. We didn't have anyone to take pix of us as we rogged.There were professionals out there taking them, but they are so expensive!  So I don't have any of us rogging to add to this. But we all did finish. Cuppy, Kevin and I finished together in 44 minutes. That's 1 minute faster than the last 5k I did. Savvy and Carrie finished in 48 minutes. And I think that is awesome since it was their first 5k. I was at the finish line when they crossed and got a couple of pictures. I wanted to cry when they finished I was so proud of them!
This is the girls approaching the finish line


They are almost there!
They are about to step over the line!
I love my girls and I am proud that they did this. Savvy now wants to do the Race for the Cure 5k with me in October. I hope she will keep wanting to do them with me.
The run was a 5k which is 3.16 miles. After we were done and we were sure we weren't going to get any door prizes we headed home since we knew that none of us had placed so not getting a medal. We walked home from the end of the race. And for some reason we took the longer way home. We walked another 1.75 miles to get home. It was a great morning and I'm so glad I had such wonderful friends and daughters do do this with.
After we got home and everyone took their shoes off and cooled off and rested some, Cuppy and Kevin had to leave to go put up their boat. The girls and I just chilled at home for a while then took Carrie home. But Savvy and my day was not over yet. We showered and got dressed Savvy wrapped her sister's gift, we ate lunch and headed to Edmond for Savvy's sister's bridal shower.
The gift

Why you taking my picture?

Stop taking my pictures
We arrived and didn't know alot of people there, but it was a nice place. I loved the kitchen. We got to see Savvy's cousin Tabby, who we hadn't seen in years. Savvy and I really kinda just stuck to each other. She was having an emotional day, but I won't go into that here she might get upset with me. There was lots of food and candy and cupcakes. And I think I ate more candy than I should have, but I did stop myself after 2 mini cupcakes. They were so yummy though.
I didn't want my picture taken

Savvy told me to smile, so I did

The doormat is the gift we gave her. I think it took Amanda 5 minutes to unwrap it Savvy used ALOT of tape.
We stayed for 2 hours and enjoyed chatting with the few people we chatted with, especially Tabby. I had fun watching Amanda open her gifts. It was a fun time.
After we got home I sat in the recliner and passed out. I think I slept for like 4 hours. I woke up after 9pm. Chatted with my hubby for a bit, watched a movie and went to bed. I didn't even eat dinner so I guess that balances out the crap food I ate at the shower. I had planned on walking Lexi after it cooled off outside but my body decided to sleep instead. So I didn't get everything done that I wanted to, but it was a great day. And a terrific ending to week 4!

No comments:

Post a Comment