Thursday, August 4, 2011

The first week

My friend Cuppy and I and I think one of her cousins are going to do a Half Marathon in last spring early summer next year. So Cuppy and I are getting ourselves ready for our second half marathon. She started a blog about it already so I thought I would do so as well.

We are in our first week of working out. Monday we did a 3 mile walk with our dogs Sparkle (hers) and Lexi (mine). The dogs were very happy to get out and be active and to see each other. There were many kisses between the two dogs, Cuppy and I aren't kissing friends so none between us...Sorry Gregg and Kevin. HEHE

Tuesday we worked out separately. I walked 3.14 miles with my dog Lexi while pushing Penny (the little girl I babysit) in her stroller. Lexi doesn't really like the stroller so there were a few difficult times when she would be crossing in front of the stroller and get freaked out and then stop and I would run into her. But other than that it was enjoyable. I even found $1.25 while walking through my neighborhood. LOL

Wednesday, after dropping my husband and his friend at the airport for them to go back to North Dakota to work, I went to Cuppy's house to swim. We swam 88 laps in her pool which totals 1 mile. It is the most we have swam! So I am excited about it and proud! We also did some strength training too. Not alot but some.. We used empty milk jugs and used them under water and then added water to them and used them like weights while we did squats in the water. Squats in the water are so much easier than out of it. I could do them all day that way.

Thursday, today, Cuppy and I met up at the Oklahoma River for a bike ride. She calls it the Dreaded biking day. My behind and lady parts may get a bit sore but I love riding my bicycle. But then I don't have the problems shifting gears like she does and I think my muscles remember riding. I used to ride all the time and did a few races as a teenager. I have to remind myself that I'm not riding alone when we go riding because I'll just get in a groove and be in my own little world and leave her behind. HEHE I don't mean to and I feel bad when I get to far ahead so I'm trying to stay more aware of it. But today we rode 13.51 miles. Which is really good since it is our first ride of the year. And we got to see a beautiful sunset this morning.
Cuppy took a few pictures.



I'll have to make sure I take some too from now on.

Friday, tomorrow, I am going to go ride again but I think I'll be riding alone. Cuppy says her bottom is to sore and my daughter, Savvy, doesn't act like she wants to go and I'm not sure she can/will do a ride as long as I want to do.

Well here's to keeping active and getting healthy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment