Sunday, September 11, 2011

Week 6: Traveling Tuesday and WEEElaxing Wednesday!

This was not a day that I got to do any exercising. I probably could have if I had gotten up early enough. I had planned on it, but my shins were hurting so I decided to take a break. Plus I knew I had a long ride ahead of me since it was the day we took Andrew back to ThunderBird Youth Academy. I was sad to take him back, but I know it is for the best. He's doing well there and learning ALOT. And he seems to actually like it there.
We stopped to eat and spend a little more time together before we went to ThunderBird. We had a yummy dinner and enjoyed a few more laughs.

I think those last two were actually from our lunch before we left Moore.

We got to TYA and walked Andrew to the Gym where he waited to take his first drug test and we went to the auditorium to pay for the pictures we were ordering and the extra class he was is going to take, Cookie and cake decorating. We expected a LONG wait since there were so many parents ahead of us, but we got lucky and we were the first ones to leave! So only a 30 minute wait.
After we left TYA we went to a sporting good store to see if they had hiking poles but they did not. So we tried Wally World and they didn't have any either but we did get some munchies. We wanted some in case we got hungry at the hotel that we planned on staying at that night and for the rest of our drive the next day. After shopping we went to visit my favorite cousin, Jennifer and her fiance and kids in their beautiful home. We chatted for a long time, mostly Jenn and I catching up some more while the guys just sat and listened lol. Jenn offered to let us stay in their guest room instead of a hotel so we stayed the night and woke up to a beautiful view from the sunroom.
Jenn made us breakfast, bacon biscuits YUM! And we visited with her for a few hours then we were on our way to Pine Lodge Resort by Grand Lake. Thank you Jenn for the wonderful visit! Love you!
We got to our cabin and it was small and cozy and cute. I was very happy with it.





I was very excited about the hot tub! After checking out the cabin and sitting and watching the squirrels for a bit we decided to explore the towns near by. We found the liquor store and a grocer and several eateries.
 
 

After dinner at the Lighthouse Supper Club we went back to the cabin and climbed in the hot tub and just enjoyed being alone with each other. We kept hearing something in the woods behind us but we never did see what it was. It was a wonderful end to a GREAT day.

No comments:

Post a Comment