Sunday, September 11, 2011

Week 6: Fantastical Friday!

Once again I woke up about 8ish and decided to explore the area around the cabin some more. This time I didn't see any animals other than squirrels, but I did have a man that lived in the area stop and tell me that I sure could get alot of exercise there and that it was ok to walk there. LOL Weird but he was smiling and giggling so I didn't mind.  I caught some glimpses of the lake between houses and found a couple for sell that I wouldn't mind buying, but I doubt that we could afford.



This is the view by one of the houses for sale

This one is for sale



Hill I walked down then had to go back up lol

Another hill I thought I wouldn't make it back up

I wasn't sure I wanted to climb this one but I did

This is for sale too. Had an awesome view
I walked 1.69 miles in 35 minutes. Again the hills almost got me. They are much steeper than what I'm used to.
Morning walk
After I got back and cleaned up we went out for breakfast. This time to a place called Stuffin's. Gregg got another breakfast burrito and I got biscuits and sausage gravy with a side of bacon. OMG the biscuits were huge and sooooo good. And the bacon was cooked crispy. YUM! I couldn't eat it all. They gave me two biscuits covered in gravy and 4 slices of bacon. I was stuffed. I guess that's why they call it Stuffin's.
After breakfast we decided to go check out a state park we were told about in Spavinaw. They have a pretty lake and dam there. Gregg and I climbed the stairs up to it and went and looked around.









After looking around and enjoying the view for a while I decided I wanted to walk across the dam and back. Gregg didn't want to so he went back down the stairs and sat in the van, playing on  his phone I think, while I walked the dam. I saw lots of butterflies and a big bird of some sort flying across the water and more pretty things to look at. It was so relaxing for me. I love getting outside in the sun in nature. It makes me so very happy.














The Spavinaw dam walk was 1.13 miles in 26 minutes. Was slow but I had to stop and take alot of pictures lol I used imapmyrun this time instead of Runkeeper for some reason.
After walking the dam we drove down into a little park in the park and wandered around the stream there.













I didn't use runkeeper or imapmyrun this time I forgot but we didn't go far since we started to smell skunk and weren't sure how old the smell was. So we got in the van and headed back to the cabin. I did take pix as we drove everywhere during this trip but alot of them are kinda blurry and I took A BUNCH of them.
On the way back to the cabin we stopped at historic marker that was along side the road.
We spent the rest of the day at the cabin. We hung out on the deck, we found internet out there! And we drank and chatted and played online and then we heard something in the woods behind us.












Yup 2 momma deer and 2 baby deer. They were so cute! But they were scared of us. I had hoped to see them again. And thought I would since the people that run/own the resort put out feeders for them. After that we got into the hot tub a little early. I think Gregg really enjoyed it. lol He's gonna be mad at me for this, but......







HAHAHA!!!! He had on a bathing suit I promise!

After a while we got hungry for dinner and decided to go to Oliver Twists for dinner. It is on the lake. You can get there by land or by sea. We went by land since we don't have a boat. We had an awesome view!



And we were surrounded by cats. Dinner was yummy. Gregg had a burger and fries and I had a chicken sandwich and fries, but I couldn't eat all mine.
Gregg after we ate

We stopped on the way to the cabin for some more ice and drinking stuffs

Strawberry/lime margarita
 After we got home for dinner we sat on the deck to enjoy the evening and heard something out in the woods again. This time I had a bright light with me to shine into the trees. Gregg was inside when I first heard the noise. I'm surprised I didn't go running into the cabin for him. LOL
A raccoon had come to eat on some of the seeds that the squirrels had knocked out of the bird feeder. He didn't act scared or anything when I shined the light on him or as Gregg and I talked to him. He just ignored us and went about his business.  After we got over the surprise and excitement of seeing a raccoon so close we got into the hot tub again. And finished enjoying our evening before retiring into the cabin for the night.  And oh what a wonderful night it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment